Job title: -Admin and finance officer
Duty station: -Garowe with the Possibility of travel to another field office
Direct line Manager: -Operation
MRF is an independent women youth-led organization Non-profit Non-Governmental Organization dedicated to providing humanitarian aid, assistance, protection, education, healthcare, and community empowerment to Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Displaced people, and underprivileged local Somali communities to achieve peace, security, equality, social justice, and socio-economic development. The overall aim of the Organization is to promote effective and sustainable community transformation and development, peace, social justice, equality, and security in the horn of Africa as is guided by its core values, principles, and organizational philosophy. MRF was founded in 2008 by a group of Somali women and youth among refugees and internally displaced intellectuals with protection and humanitarian professional backgrounds, having worked as humanitarian aid workers with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO), Community –Based Organizations (CBOs), International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs) and United Nations Development Partners with similar vision and passion.
MRF organization has strong and complementary experiences working with the Protection of IDPs, Refugee Returnees, Host Communities, underprivileged youth, and women in Somalia. To deliver on its mandate and achieve its mission goals, MRF Organization is taking new development strategies to create new partnerships, new approaches to serve its clients, and exploring various resource mobilization opportunities.
The administration and finance officer is responsible for the administration, procurement, logistics, and finance functions of the MRF Garowe office. The Administration and Finance Officer establishes and maintains effective administrative and control systems to support the smooth running of operations and ensure compliance with organizational, human resources, and financial systems and procedures and will report to the operation Manager
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Admin and Finance officer
Admin and Finance officer shall manage administrative human resource and financial activities, under the direction of the operation Manager his support will be include but not limited to:
- Manage projects accounting and financial system by ensuring that appropriate control and reporting structure are maintained and coordinate regulation use of field financial resource
- Coordinate and act as focal points for issues relating to finance including salary payment and DSA per diems
- Verify that all supporting documents are attached to the Payment Voucher before processing payments invoices and bills
- Ensuring that all documents have sufficient approval and are signed by authorized people before processing the payment.
- Check the mathematical accuracy and arithmetic of the transactions.
- Scrutinize and ensure that all payments made are charged to the correct budget lines and project grants and also conform to donor regulations.
- Liaise regularly with budget holders i.e., Finance Manager and Program Manager
- Reconcile all receivables and payables of the field office
- Ensure that travel claims of the staff are settled within the allowable timeframe
- Provide support to office staff and work closely with them to ensure that financial information is accurate and up to date.
- Manage and record daily cash transactions and maintain updated cash and bank books.
- Facilitate the monthly closure of the financial transactions and ensure that the report is sent to the line managers before the due date.
- Ensure that all office finance-related issues that may arise out of the monthly financial review are followed up and addressed conclusively.
- scanning and uploading of finance and admin documents needed
- Maintaining an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filling system for all disbursement vouchers.
- Updating the fixed asset register of the field office.
- Assisting in the retrieval and putting back of documentation for Audit purposes.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor
- Supportive and coordinate the provision of all administration, personal and financial support
- Require to the projects ensure that appropriate control reporting structures are maintained
- Admin and finance assistant participate in recruitment and promotion of the program personnel through panel cycle
- Coordinate processing of whole complex routine personal forms such as attendance and leave reports status and all entitlement of the stall
- Supervise planes related to the security and safety of the program personally and property and submit required security reports
- Manage day-to-day administrative functions of the office.
- Ensure that all staff in the office sign daily attendance sheets.
- Manage the purchase, distribution, use, and repairs of all office equipment (e.g., computers and photocopiers).
- Ensure filing and archiving of all administrative records of the organization.
- Responsible for the organizational registration and tax issues with local authorities
- Ensure all procurement processes and procedures are fully adhered to
- Manage fleet movement and overall supervision of drivers, cleaners, security personnel, and other subordinate staff in the field office.
- Ensure proper vehicle utilization, maintenance of fuel consumption, and checking monthly vehicle log sheets of the fleets
- Organize and arrange international travel including flight bookings, hotel reservations, airport pickups and etc
- Manage and oversee activities related to logistics support for a program assistant to projects and maintain liaison with government offices and executing agencies to the effect
- To bring into notice Operation Director, Executive Director discrepancies serious incidents or any urgent information which may need serious consideration regarding day-to-day projects activities
- To fulfill any additional assignment as deemed necessary by the organization.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports and provide regular finance and admin reports to Operation Manager
Skills and qualification
Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Economics or any related field
Minimum 2- or 3 years’ experience working in NGOs in similar capacities
Proficient in the use of Excel spreadsheets, MS Word and etc
Knowledge of computerized accounting system including but not limited to QuickBooks.
Ability to work under minimum supervision and meet deadlines under pressure.
MRF Somalia holds Strict safeguarding principles and zero tolerance policy for the conduct of sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection, and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates’ value through background checks, and police clearance reference check processes MRF organization is also committed to safeguarding the rights of women and children there is expected that every individual who joins with MRF Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping women and children’s safe
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their application with CV clear subject line and scanned copies of their academic and provisional certificates indicating telephone number and three references to email: -email@example.com with copping to firstname.lastname@example.org Please, indicate the title of the position in the subject of your email “Admin and Finance Officer
Closing date is 19th December 2022
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted