Job title: -FGM Project officer
Duty station: -Garowe with the Possibility of travel to another field office
Direct line Manager: -Project Manager
MRF is an independent women youth-led organization Non-profit Non-Governmental Organization dedicated to providing humanitarian aid, assistance, protection, education, healthcare, and community empowerment to Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Displaced people, and underprivileged local Somali communities to achieve peace, security, equality, social justice, and socio-economic development. The overall aim of the Organization is to promote effective and sustainable community transformation and development, peace, social justice, equality, and security in the horn of Africa as is guided by its core values, principles, and organizational philosophy. MRF was founded in 2008 by a group of Somali women and youth among refugees and internally displaced intellectuals with protection and humanitarian professional backgrounds, having worked as humanitarian aid workers with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO), Community –Based Organizations (CBOs), International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs) and United Nations Development Partners with similar vision and passion.
MRF organization has strong and complementary experiences working with the Protection of IDPs, Refugee Returnees, Host Communities, underprivileged youth, and women in Somalia. To deliver on its mandate and achieve its mission goals, MRF Organization is taking new development strategies to create new partnerships, new approaches to serve its clients, and exploring various resource mobilization opportunities
Terms of Reference (ToR)
The FGM project officer shall be the focal point for all FGM prevention project activities including GBV case management referral of FGM GBV cases the FMG Project officer will be responsible for contributing to the timely and quality implementation of activities that deliver FGM-related awareness training companies and He/She will be conducting GBV FGM prevention and response awareness and training sessions. the FGM prevention Project officer will serve as the focal point for all Protection GBV, and CP concerns and will closely work with committees, volunteers FGM tasks forces regional committees and coordinate all GBV activities
Overall duties and responsibilities of the Employer
Under the direction and supervision programs Manager and Executive team the Project Reporting Officer will be responsible for the flowing tasks (but not limited to):
- Oversee the day-to-day implementation activities while providing the required support when needed; coordinate activities and follow up on expenditure reports in line with the project work Plan.
- Organize and prepare a detailed implementation work plan for all the intended project activities, project events, meetings, and sessions.
- Handle and coordinate the entire project activities and act as a Project liaison officer between MRF and GIZ.
- In conjunction with the director of programs; develop and review the existing FGM prevention awareness messages to prepare the final actual/approved awareness messages in both Somali and English versions that apply to the target audiences.
- Work with an MRF’s Volunteer Coordinator to set up community volunteer ambassadors, and recruit and run volunteer groups of grandmothers, young student girls, and women leaders for advocacy.
- To develop good working relationships, liaise and maintain regular contact with a range of agencies, project partners, line ministries, and other key stakeholders working on the issue of Female Genital Mutilation “FGM”.
- To keep abreast of issues regarding FGM on a national and local level with particular reference to those that may affect the work of the project.
- Maintain and monitor overall progress regarding milestones and deliverables i.e., project plans, schedules, work hours, budget, and expenditures, as well as prepare quarterly methodological planning for the activities and for the tasks with key milestones, timeline, and deliverables, and in line with the planed project activities.
- To prepare the project monthly reports, quarterly progress updates, activity reports, and meeting minutes and submit them to your line manager at MRF and GIZ FGM Prevention Project focal point and ensure that adequate records are kept for all project services
- Handle and facilitate project administrative issues and documents and flow up timely submission of financial reports
- Ensure that the implemented activities meet the strategic objectives of the project and are aligned with GIZ FGM Prevention Project indicators.
- To work within MRF policies and procedures and demonstrate a commitment to the mandate, values, and ethos of Manaal Relief Foundation – MRF.
- Participate and update Protection cluster meetings, GBVs CP, Case management Working Group FGM tasks forces, and protection cluster meetings and take minutes of every necessary issue related to the Project.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the program supervisor/director of programs.
Skills and qualification
- University degree preferably in social sciences, Law Human Rights Psychology, Public Community Health, international law, or a related field from recognized institution of higher learning
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Protection, GBV, Child Protection, or social work experience with a demonstrated focus on Protection FGM GBV Program design and implementation
- Good understating and experience working in Nugaal region settlements is a definite advantage
- Verbal fluency in English, Arabic, and Somalia language
- Knowledge of community-based FGM protection approaches preferably including experience in participatory approaches GBV, CP participation methodologies
- Basic familiarity with Ms application packages (world, Excel, and PowerPoint and willingness to develop father
- Good cooperation skills and ability to work well independently and in a different team
- Experience working with international NGOs or local authorities on complex issues
- Sound knowledge of gender issues in humanitarian settings particularly FGM//GBV particularly relevant to National and interanion al human rights principles
- Strong self-starter able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and prorates
- Strong listening and empathy skills as well as a commitment to supporting women and children’s survivors at risk
- Positive attitude toward community works with an emphasis on the ability to learn from communities and support innovative approaches to problem-solving.
MRF Somalia holds Strict safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for the conduct of sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection, and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates’ value through background checks, and police clearance reference check processes MRF organization is also committed to safeguarding the rights of women and children there is expected that every individual who joins with MRF Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping women and children’s safe
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their application with CV clear subject line and scanned copies of their academic and provisional certificates indicating telephone number and three references to email: -email@example.com with copping to firstname.lastname@example.org Please, indicate the title of the position in the subject of your email “FGM Project officer “
The closing date is 19th December 2022
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted